About the Position: Serve as supervisor and technical specialist responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing one of the phases of exploratory development of a critical chemical biological defense program consisting of complex military items, materials, and systems urgently needed for national defense. Plans overall experimental development efforts and product improvement programs including work plans, costs, facilities, time schedules, technical coordination, human engineering, etc.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a first level supervisor responsible for managing complex technical programs or projects. Employees supervised are full performance, professional employees, primarily at the DB III level, who complete assignments independently. The work involves complex projects and technical issues important to optimize operational performance, reliability and sustainment of Center products and systems. Commits to applying EEO principles and ensures that all employees are afforded a fair and competitive employment process under merit system principles.
- As first level supervisor: plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees; develops performance standards and evaluates work performance of subordinates; gives advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters; interviews candidates for positions in the unit and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions; hears and resolves complaints from employees, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher level supervisor or manager; effects minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommending other action in more serious cases; identifies developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training; and finds ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
- Conduct extensive investigations into new technology meeting conflicting constraints of use in military situations.
- Provide technical direction, advice, review and evaluation of contractual work in the development and production of new items, materials, and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to other agencies and military services.
- Supervise work of personnel, evaluates performance, resolve differences, and provides coordination of unresolved issues.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523635300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.