Medical Support Assistant, GS-5 is Located in the in-patient clinical wards, admissions and emergency department, Health Administration Service, Southern AZ VA Healthcare System (SAVAHCS), Tucson, AZ. For initiating and carrying out a variety of administrative duties in support of patient care within in-patient units/ wards, admissions and emergency department. Is responsible for the overall management, coordination and administration of all hospital admissions and accommodation activities.Learn more about this agency
The major duties are:
- Is responsible for scheduling appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders.
- Assignments at this level include, but are not limited to: scheduling, canceling, re-scheduling patient's appointments; provider and treating specialty changes; admission, interward transfers, and discharges; prepared patient discharge orders, makes necessary follow-up PACT appointments.
- Initiate a new hard-back medical record with appropriate forms; assists in orienting patient and patient's family to the ward surroundings; notifies nursing unit personnel and physicians of patient's arrival
- Compiles ward morning report on a daily basis and provides information to admitting staff (ARC, SCO, and AOD's) on bed availability
- Obtains any prior treatment records needed by the professional staff and assist with release of information consents; bed assignments changes within the unit; keeps current with nursing staff on all patient actions and movements; compiles ward morning report on a daily basis and provides information to admitting staff on bed availability; performs daily validation of ward census and ward rosters.
Work Schedule: Various Tours days, night, and weekends.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523619400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.