The Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO) Specialist serves as the coordinator that will provide: pre-release outreach and information services, as well as referral and post-release linkage to health care services for Veterans contacted in jails and prisons; and ongoing health care liaison and case management services.Learn more about this agency
This position is approved for Telework.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive NOT authorized
- Build new relationships and expand existing relationships with community treatment court judges, court personnel, district attorneys, public defenders, and private attorneys to assist and serve veterans involved in these court systems (Drug Courts, Mental Health Courts, Homeless Courts) in determination of eligibility for benefits and services, and linkage to VA and community services.
- Support existing Veterans Courts and take the initiative in the development of new Veterans Courts with both existing and new courts, this shall include the provision of direct staffing support on Veterans calendar days, liaison with all involved court and justice system personnel, and direct service to Veterans to include determination of eligibility for benefits and services, linkage to VA and community services, and case management and the provision of as- needed evidence-based treatment services that cannot be provided otherwise in the community at-large or by the affiliated VA healthcare system.
- Build new relationships and expand existing relationships with community Police Forces serving the catchment area of the affiliated healthcare system.
- Conduct regular, ongoing outreach to selected jail facilities serving the catchment area of the affiliated healthcare system.
- Develop collaborative arrangements with county jail personnel involved in outside programming and re-entry services, arrangements for jail clearance for the VJO Specialist and other involved VA out-each staff, and establishing a schedule of regular outreach to the facilities.
- Direct service to Veterans incarcerated in these jail facilities shall include determination of eligibility for benefits and services, linkage to VA and community services, and time-limited case management as necessary.
- Respond as needed to requests of jail and other justice system personnel to requests for outreach and re-entry services to Veterans incarcerated in other jail facilities in the catchment area of the affiliated healthcare system.
- Maintain responsibility for direct documentation (CPRS and other local documentation systems) as well as insure that other VA providers complete the necessary documentation for the above justice related services
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523604400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.