About the Position: The incumbent defines and establishes specific technical objectives to be achieved, selects direction to pursue and determines when work has progressed sufficiently to satisfy the requirement and purpose. Confers with other engineers, scientists, and user organizations to develop in more detail the objectives and to reconcile conflicts.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as technical specialist, and lead engineer/Scientist or project leader for the organization, responsible for the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility (i.e., subject matter, function, or equipment) to meet or establish requirements for chemical, biological defense (CBD) development, production, and sustainment programs.
- Personally conducts investigations and analyses to determine the feasibility of various advanced engineering approaches, to define concepts and criteria for future programs or to resolve major controversial problems in current programs.
- Performs the planning, conceptual and definition phases of development; as leader, manages, guides, evaluates, integrates and performs in-house activities on complex CBD efforts.
- Provides necessary technical guidance and review of work. Makes recommendations to personnel on technical matters.
- Provides technical assistance and advice to other agencies and military services in the evaluation of planning of projects/programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523600200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.