The Social Worker is assigned to the Primary Care Mental Health Integration Program within the Mental Health Care Line. The goal of the PC-MHI Program is to promote effective treatment of common mental health conditions in the primary care setting through a system of integrated care for physical and mental health while promoting patient engagement and adherence to care.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive NOT authorized.
- Provide a full range of social work services to Veterans and their families. Services include provision of high quality case management, clinical treatment, advocacy, and coordination with other appropriate VA or community service providers.
- Develop an assessment of the Veteran's care needs in collaboration with the interdisciplinary treatment team, the Veteran, their family, and/or significant others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the range of treatment and skills needed for all young adult, middle adult, older adult, and geriatric patients related to their physical limitations, psychological needs, and age-associated illnesses and conditions.
- Develop a treatment plan, and sets achievable treatment goals with the Veteran/family based on the psychosocial assessment. Selects and uses VA approved evidence based treatment methods appropriate to the needs of each patient.
- Make a rapid assessment f urgent patient care needs, provides crisis intervention and develops a crisis management plan including mobilizing community resources pertinent to crisis management and admission to inpatient mental health programs.
- Implement treatment plans through the methods of care management, individual, group work, or other VA approved modes of interventions consistent with his/her scope of clinical proficiency.
- Establish priorities for timely service delivery to prevent hardship for patient/family and prevent delays in discharge from treatment.
- Record all social work activity in medical records.
- Provide education related to VA and community resources, entitlements, Advance Directives/Living Wills and refers Veterans/family to the appropriate interdisciplinary team member for identified health education needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523597000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.