The incumbent for these positions will be assigned to Medical Care Line (MCL) or Operative Care Line (OCL). The Supervisory Medical Support Assistant (MSA) has full administrative and professional responsibility for planning and directing the MSA's activities. He or she will be responsible for extracting and analyzing data in order to provide reports in support of performance measures to senior management.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and delegates tasks and responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicates skillfully with individuals in order to obtain the desired effect, while ensuring compliance with established policies and regulations.
- Manages staffing requirements, priorities, and coordinates work in order to complete duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follows up on pending issues while demonstrating an understanding of the impact of work not completed.
- Provides briefings, orientations, staff development, and training.
- Applies discernment and sensitivity when performing tasks required to resolve issues accurately and timely.Facilitates any necessary follow-up so as to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of technical health care processes as they relate to patients' access to care.
- Collaborates, communicates, and demonstrates customer service and interpersonal skills with all healthcare professionals in order to ensure quality and continuity of care and as well, to ensure compliance with established policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of managing a clinic and utilizes various reference sources.Applies authoritative knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect patient flow, patient care, and the revenue process.
- Utilizes computerized programs and databases in order to enter, modify, retrieve sensitive information and various data into or from electronic medical records, scheduling systems, and/or reporting formats.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians in order to be able to communicate effectively with both professional and non-professional. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: M - F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm or 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523596300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.