The is a Senior Executive Service (SES) position located within FEMA’s Office of Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience necessary to be responsible for the agency's (1) budget formulation; (2) budget execution; (3) development and implementation of cost management systems; and (4) user fee oversight for the agency.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
The incumbent is the program executive responsible for providing executive level direction, policy leadership, management oversight, and overall coordination for all budget matters within FEMA.
Typical assignments include:
- Overseeing the development and submittal of the regular, supplemental and deficiency appropriation estimates and administering the FEMA approved budget.
- Planning and developing FEMA budgetary policy by reviewing and applying determinations established by Congress, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Developing overall FEMA financial plans, to include all FEMA program and regional offices, for the annual Departmental Budget submission.
- Providing advice and developing program plans to integrate budget decision making with FEMA strategic planning, investment management, and procurement processes.
- Establishing and maintaining full administrative control over FEMA funds.
- Administering the personnel position ceiling for FEMA including exercising controls over authorized permanent positions and full-time equivalent positions.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523590700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.