About the Position: This position serves as a Government Information Specialist (FOIA/PA), GS-0306-13, in Army FuturesLearn more about this agency
Command (AFC), Communication Team located in Austin, TX. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!
- Implement and manage the Privacy and Freedom of Information Act Programs.
- Prepare command specific policy guidance on privacy and FOIA policies and procedures.
- Ensure command information is appropriately safeguarded, used and disclosed.
- Receive and evaluate FOIA requests in terms of published legislation, content, estimated time and cost of the request, and determines the office of primary responsibility for coordination.
- Advise management on Title 38 USC, Civil Liberties Act (CLA), and Healthcare Information Patient Privacy Act (HIPPA).
- Represent the command on facility and regional committees, teams and work groups to provide guidance.
- Continuously evaluate the operational effectiveness of HQ and field activity privacy programs, and initiates special projects, surveys, and studies designed to advance the implementation of and activities related to the program.
- Process complaints and investigation of allegations of illegal or improper activities related to handling release of privacy protected information.
- Prepare reports, responses, letters; issue briefs; assist with required release to the news media.
- Implement policies and procedures to manage Government Information.
- Determine appropriate disclosure of privacy protected information.
- Monitor compliance with program requirements.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews, assessments and audits.
- Develop and adhere to processes for disclosure of privacy protected information.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of automated systems to disclose patient health information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523590200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.