Reclamation is seeking a Recent Graduate in the field of Natural Resources or Hydrology.
LOCATION: Lower Colorado Region, Boulder Canyon Operations Office, Water Accounting and Verification Group, located in Boulder City, NV.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid by the Department of Interior. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty will be the responsibility of the selected employee.Learn more about this agency
This is a career development opportunity in the excepted service under the Bureau of Reclamation Recent Graduate Pathways Program. This position may be filled at the GS-07 or GS-09 grade level. After completion of the required training period, meeting all of the requirements of a specialized participant agreement, meeting all of the OPM qualification requirements for the position, and receiving a favorable recommendation from management, the individual selected for this position may be converted to a term, career or career conditional appointment in the competitive service. Conversion is not promised or guaranteed. Work will be performed in and around the area of Boulder City, NV. Information about the surrounding area may be found at http://www.bcnv.org.
Additional positions may be filled as needs of the agency warrant.
This is an interdisciplinary Recent Graduate position that may be filed in any of the following series: GS-1315 or GS-0401 depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
At the full performance level, incumbent:
- Coordinates the actions of a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate and develop methodologies to calculate Colorado River tributary consumptive use within nine use categories including, agriculture, evaporation and municipal and industrial use.
- Leads or participates in the Consumptive Uses and Losses (CUL) program; Inadvertent Overrun and Payback Policy (IOPP) program; Intentionally Created Surplus (ICS) program; Well Inventory project; Water Accounting program; and Remotely-Sensed Data Collection (RSDC) program.
- Develops plans, procedures and precedents used by members of the Lower Colorado region to perform field verification of conservation activities performed by water users in the Lower Colorado Region’s area of responsibility.
- Develops written and photographic reports of the verification activities for use in determining the adequacy of implementation of conservation measures.
- Trains new personnel and performs ground reference data entry into a geographic information system (GIS) database and completes routine updates of spatial features and associated attributes in a GIS database.
Occasional travel - 5 days a month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523586000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.