The Registered Dietitian, Care Coordinator Home Telehealth, is the medical nutrition expert responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned Veterans. The Dietitian supports the facilities VHA Weight Management Program mission and coordinates nutritional care with other health care providers, the client, the client's family and the community.Learn more about this agency
- Provides nutritional care by assessing nutritional, behavioral and physical activity needs of individuals through analysis of patient histories and questionnaires.
- Screens veterans for a home telehealth device.
- Reviews expectations with veteran/caregiver on using the home telehealth device.
- Monitors medications, treatment modalities and progress towards goals.
- Reviews lab tests to assess nutritional parameters.
- Synthesizes data to evaluate patient's projected response to treatment.
- Develops and assesses effectiveness of general and specialized diets and weight management care plans.
- Develops care plans for severely nutritionally and medically compromised patients.
- Develops or identifies specialized feeding programs for morbidly obese patient conditions to enhance weight management outcomes.
- Plans, delivers and evaluates weight management education for patients and family caregivers.
- Educates patients for compliance with critical and specialized nutrition weight loss care plan.
- Assists in the education of dietetic students and interns.
- Develops guidance for the VHA Weight Management Program and tracks program data.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523577200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.