About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the ST-APF-W2TZ05 HUMAN RES MANAGEMENT DIR.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Command Security Manager (CSM) for the Army Futures Command (AFC) Directorate of Intelligence and Security (DoIS).
- Supervise the technical and administrative operations for security disciplines Personnel Security, Information Security, Foreign Disclosure, Industrial Security, Special Security Office, and Special Compartmented Information.
- Responsible for security oversight and program implementation and direction for command operations. Develop, plan, oversee, administer, manage, and enforce the intelligence-related security disciplines.
- Conduct liaison with the Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA), other Army Commands, Component Commands, subordinate commands and organizations, and the Intelligence Community (IC) on security issues concerning the command and its mission.
- Provide training and professional development for division?s Security Specialists.
- Interpret higher-level guidance and promulgate implementing directives and guidance throughout the command.
- Serve as the primary point of contact in developing and implementing effective and efficient policies and procedures for the prevention and resolution of security incidents and the protection of classified information and programs.
- Incorporate both the traditional, established security practices, as well as advanced and innovative techniques.
- Develop implementation guidance and new approaches on all matters pertaining to the protection of classified and highly sensitive defense information.
- Conduct liaison to gain necessary support and cooperation on command security-related issues. Provide research and technology protection (RTP) support, to include Multi-Discipline Security Surveys (MDSS).
- Provide Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) support for Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements as needed for associated sites.
- Establish and analyze program metrics for results and impact; assess program resource requirements; justify funding/manpower; and assess performance through inspections and other means to ensure command compliance with program standards.
- Maintain the QSEC program for AFC. Validate requirements submitted by the AFC Regional Security Managers for Directorate of Security (QSEC) funding initiatives. Provide alignment of funds to QSEC program manager for distribution to the regions.
- Provide guidance for obligation of QSEC funds throughout the AFC and provide funding requirements to the program manager for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM).
- Evaluate leading practices, policy, and regulatory analyses; audit existing programs and initiatives, and test threat detection analytical tools.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to perform up to 20% business based travel annually.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523547800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.