This position is covered by AFGE bargaining unit. Per the AFGE Master Agreement, the Area of Consideration will be:Learn more about this agency
1st Area of Consideration - Current Facility and CBOC employees
2nd Area of Consideration - VA Nationwide applicants
3rd Area of Consideration - Federal employees of other agencies
Current permanent VA employees should apply under CBFF-10417200-19-SRR.
The technicians ensure proper performance of equipment, set up equipment and reprocess endoscopic reusable medical equipment (RME). The MIT Gl technicians fall under the supervision of the Medical Service Leadership with direct supervision by the Director of Endoscopy and the Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Other Duties include but are not limited to:
- Functions as the primary assistant responsible for handling instruments, supplies, equipment during all endoscopic and other procedures.
- Assists patients preparing to have a procedure performed, such as changing provide basic information regarding the procedure, attaching monitoring devices, oxygen, completing EKGs, starting IVs, performing phlebotomy, and so forth.
- Has an in-depth technical knowledge concerning instrumentation, human anatomy, human physiology, infection control and has technical knowledge on use and effects of anesthesia/sedation.
- Able to position patients prior, during and after the procedure. This also involves appropriate cushioning to joints and individual patient needs.
- Sets up the endoscopy field with all required items for all equipment, endoscopic equipment, and other supplies and equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply of inventory and supplies. Place orders and follows through with obtaining deficient supply or equipment.
- Able to manually pre-clean, manual clean, and perform high level disinfection on a variety of scope and diagnostic equipment/accessories.
- Maintains the system process for identification of expired scopes and other sterile equipment/supplies-
- Identifies if a scope is damaged and acts to prevent further damage before the scope is sent for repair Maintains scope inventory and repair log.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with all endoscopy team members.
- Plans and discusses each procedure with endoscopy professionals and assures that all supplies and equipment are available prior to the procedure.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523542700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.