Veterans Health Administration is looking for an individual ready to lead one of the most stimulating and important offices in the Department of Veterans Affairs...creating innovations that advance health care for Veterans.Learn more about this agency
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected. Exceptions to the salary cap must be approved.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized
Appraised Value Offer (AVO): Not authorized
Relocation Expenses: May be authorized
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
The Executive Director, Geriatrics and Extended Care (ED/GEC) provides national leadership, advisory, and consultative services for all Veterans Health Administration (VHA) geriatric and long-term care programs. The ED/GEC is the principal advisor to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Clinical Operations, Under Secretary for Health, and VHA on issues regarding quality of care for aging and chronically ill Veteran patients. The ED/GEC also provides leadership and oversight to 20 Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Centers and the Geriatrics and Gerontology Advisory Committee that provides advice and assistance to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Principal advisor for geriatrics and long-term care policies and procedures pertaining to delivery of services;
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Health systems research in aging and long-term care;
- Plan and develop programs for patient and provider education;
- Plan and develop training programs for health care students and clinical staff;
- Provide consultative services and input related to data programs and performance measures;
- Develop criteria and standards for GEC programs and providers;
- Maintain clinical practice guidelines, protocols, directives, handbooks, and information letters;
- Draft legislation related to GEC;
- Review and update strategic plans;
- Review the adequacy of existing programs;
- Provide information on new developments and technology related to GEC;
- Serve as a decisional authority for responses to external oversight bodies;
- Adapt extended care services to meet the needs of both younger disabled Veterans and the elderly.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523507400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.