The position is located in the Tibor Ruben Long Beach VA Medical Center (VAMC) in the Engineering Service, Production Control Unit. The Program Specialist is assigned to the Production Control Section in the Office of the Assistant Chief in supports of Engineering Service. The most important function of the Production Control Specialist is program coordinator of modifications, removal, and repair/replacement work involving skilled trade units found within Engineering Service.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Supervisory Program Specialist may include but are not limited to the following:
- Investigates and analyzes adverse quality trends or conditions and initiates corrective action.
- Consults with technical experts to examine and analyze unusual or problem situations indicated by changes in program quality indicators.
- Performs in-depth research, and analyzes operating contingencies and special situations.
- Assists technical supervisors and staff in developing process solutions.
- Designs studies, training programs and organizational strategies for identifying opportunities to improve customer service and provide quality service.
- Analyzes key steps in the process or Work Order practice to identify potential for significant quality process improvement.
- Assists managers and technical experts to develop realistic quality improvement plans.
- Develops procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of the Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) and Work Order control systems and operating programs; and the accomplishment, evaluation, and/or monitoring of audits, inspections, or management or internal control reviews.
- Evaluates results of audits/inspections and forwards action items to the responsible officials.
- Analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of programs in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Analyzes program performance data to identify slippage and impact.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Program Specialist~/ 119250
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523485100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.