This is an indefinite appointment in the Excepted Service.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Student Trainee Data Analyst and will perform a variety of scientific and technical data analysis activities. The incumbent will conduct day-to-day project activities including summarizing data, coordinating workgroup meetings, visualizing data, and developing reports. The incumbent will also assist in assessing the outputs of various analytics work to identify early trends and derive actionable conclusions.
- Review, analyze, monitor, visualize and interpret food safety data
- Verify and validate analyses results
- Actively participate in the planning, development, research, and evaluation of a broad range of analyses of food safety data and associated policies
- Interpret and modify existing, or develop new guidelines and policies to enhance predictive analysis of food safety data
- Use statistical and other standard software applications to query and analyze Agency data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations with respect to existing policies and planned initiatives
- Develop training materials or presentations to share knowledge with other analysts and promote the use of new or existing reporting and analysis tools within the Agency
- Perform quality checks to assess consistency of data reporting across program areas
- Identify additional data that must be collected to enhance the credibility of the analyses results
- Participate in initiatives to determine and use appropriate statistical/ mathematical formulas/methods to ensure and test the validity and reliability of study design and collected data.
- Express ideas and concepts orally and in writing, and by numeric and graphic means, to support the coordination and tracking of data analysis activities
- Participate on teams and collaborate on various policy initiatives with numerous subject matter experts who have a wide-variety of technical backgrounds
- Present analytical results to technical and non-technical audiences including senior management officials
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523478200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.