Learn more about this agency
This volunteer student internship is located in the Commission's Office of Legislative and Public Affairs (OLPA). The student intern must be enrolled in either a law or graduate level program and be able to receive academic credit for the Summer 2019 semester. Volunteer student interns may work during the school year and/or during school vacation periods. The student intern must commit to volunteering at least 15 hours a week. A work schedule will be established once on-board.
The student intern will gain substantive experience within OLPA by performing a variety of tasks relating to supporting the mission of the Commission. The student intern will also have an opportunity to learn more about the legislative process, federal sentencing and crime policy, and the Federal Judiciary. The student intern reports to the Director of OLPA.
The key responsibilities of the OLPA volunteer student intern are the following:
- Assist with the preparation of materials in support of the Commission's public meetings and hearings.
- Support OLPA's outreach efforts to Congress designed to educate members of Congress regarding the Commission's proposed amendments and research products.
- Assist in organizing OLPA's historical documents.
- Perform administrative tasks as directed by the Director of OLPA.
- Provide assistance to OLPA staff as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523476000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.