About the Position: This position serves as a Congressional & Legislative Affairs Analyst, GS-0301-15 in Army Futures Command (AFC), Communications Directorate located in Austin, Texas. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the AFC Communication Team Legislative Affairs and State Government Relations Senior Liaison, with full authority and responsibilities.
- Advises the AFC communication director and senior AFC leadership on issues concerning Legislative Affairs for State and Federal Government.
- Provides guidance and direction to AFC on engaging, and relationship-building with state officials, including governors, senior staff state legislators and other state officials.
- Effects continuing coordination with the Directors of the Headquarters Staff and Special Staffs, and subordinate commands on plans and issues associated with Congressional and state interest.
- Develops and implements command-wide plans, policies, and procedures for AFC Congressional and state affairs area that support the Secretary of the Army legislative liaison activities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523468300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.