This Physician Assistant position is part of an interdisciplinary team and is based out of the Houston Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) section and Community Living Center of Extended Care. The provider will see patients in their home to meet clinical needs of veterans.Learn more about this agency
The Physician Assistant will utilize their clinical skills to facilitate, coordinate and deliver comprehensive health care with a collaborating physician(s) and interdisciplinary team. The PA is responsible for optimizing veteran access to health care.
- Provide and document effective care to patients by using sound judgment in assessing, implementing and evaluating assigned patient's medical needs.
- Work effectively and make appropriate requests for assistance from the assigned physician(s).
- Recognize complex patient care situations where a referral is appropriate.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining BLS and/or ACLS training when required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of basic computer skills to include data entry.
- Orders diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, electrocardiograms (EKGs).
- Provides telehealth services with specialty providers.
Light lifting (15 lbs and under); Light carrying (15 lbs and under); use of fingers and both hands required; walking (up to 3 hours); standing (up to 3 hours); ability for rapid, mental, and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; hearing (aid permitted); mental and emotional stability.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
Work Schedule: Day Tour: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, May require extended hours, nights, or weekends.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523465300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.