The incumbent serves as the senior science advisor to the Division Director and Deputy Director, oversees the initiation, conduct and monitoring of research projects, and maintains liaison with external researchers and organizations engaged in statistical research.Learn more about this agency
As a Statistician (Health) you will:
- Serve as the senior science advisor to the Division Director and oversee the initiation, conduct, and monitoring of research projects in which the division is involved.
- Guide and oversee the development and implementation of a program to improve the timeliness, accuracy, and usability of National Health Interview Survey data files and scientific reports to support national public health initiatives and to inform decision-makers on significant public health issues facing the American population.
- Participate in division-level policy development and program planning to ensure that policies and programs reflect sound science and follow accepted research techniques.
- Independently review reports, scientific papers, memoranda, and other similar material for accuracy, scientific merit, and adherence to agency policy, and provide recommendations concerning the scientific issues raised.
- Represent the division and center at meetings with representatives of other Federal agencies and State and local agencies.
- Collaborate with researchers in external organizations and in academia engaged in parallel research efforts, to compare findings, develop synergistic research relationships, and to maximize effective use of research resources.
- Other duties as assigned
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523427800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.