You will serve as an Audiovisual Production Specialist in the Strategic Communication Office of the NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY (NRL). You will provide eye-catching and captivating videos that tell compelling success stories about NRL to enhance its value and importance as a world class laboratory. This position requires demonstrated experience producing video content to convey a message to an intended audience.Learn more about this agency
- You will produce videos that support scientific, documentary, historical/archival, internal and external relations, training and public information programs.
- You will act as producer, director, scriptwriter, set designer, interviewer, camera operator, lighting technician, audio technician, editor and multimedia producer, depending on the size and complexity of the video.
- You will manage all aspects of the video production, including directing the camera and audio support crew during single or multiple camera shoots and modifying or adapting standard practices and procedures to meet the goals of the production.
- You will schedule and coordinate with subject matter experts and make technical and creative decisions regarding proper lighting, shooting techniques, audio needs, props and location scouting.
- You will be involved with all aspects of post-production, such as script re-writing, audio sweetening, color correction, special effects, voice over, file codecs and exporting/compressing to usable file formats.
- You will act as backup photographer when needed, providing training and mentoring to junior or student photographers.
- You will be responsible for digital asset management and will determine best practices in archiving historical video files.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523415400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.