You will serve as an IT Specialist (Applications Software) in the Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
- You will assess the effectiveness of Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT and E) operations and methodology to identify needed improvements.
- You will review test plans before test events and review test reports before submission.
- You will support the analysis of all test results for significant findings to advise product managers and senior leadership of deployment and sustainment risks and oversees DHMS cost estimating for DT and E.
- You will analyze and evaluate on a quantitative and qualitative basis the effectiveness of testing and evaluation operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- You will apply a high degree of technical knowledge and a thorough knowledge of testing activities required by the defense acquisition and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) framework.
- You will apply principles to analyze situations, identify problems, probe causes, and select courses of action for pursuit by technical and functional specialists to ensure the availability of quality software products.
- You will gauge the efforts required of the situation on hand to selectively decide which strategy to implement and how to proceed.
- You will recognize the resulting impact in terms of test schedules, costs, system performance, risks involved, and necessary trade-offs.
- You will frequently communicate in writing and in person with various levels of technical, professional, managerial, and administrative personnel.
- You will support Test and Evaluation (T and E) structure and schedules.
- You will adapt organizational policies, goals, and objectives and establishes methods of operation; and allocate resources (within broad limitations established by higher authority).
- You will collaborate with other DHMS staff members, product managers, senior leaders, higher headquarters, and external agencies to develop and implement T and E policy.
- You will promote standardized and progressive T and E procedures.
- You will plan integrated T and E that rigorously address operational and technical risks and consult with requirements analysts regarding testability.
- You will provide necessary oversight for ensuring that test contractors achieve the goals and objectives in a timely fashion using established policies and procedures.
- You will collaborate with other directorates to negotiate, schedule, and coordinate support.
- You will ensure that test plans, scenarios, and pertinent documentation are reviewed before test events and that test results are analyzed after test conclusion.
- You will collaborate with internal and external organizations on test environment requirements to include devices, peripherals and interfaces to ensure appropriate environments are scheduled to support test activities.
- You will ensure the development of test data to support detailed test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test reports.
- You will have approval authority for many decisions required for committing the government to actions resulting in obligation of human and/or financial resources in support of testing projects.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523407800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.