About the Position: This position serves as a Communication Strategist GS-1001-14 in Army Futures Command (AFC), Communication Directorate located in Austin Texas. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Communication Strategist for the Army Futures Command (AFC) Communication Team.
- Advise/assist headquarters and sections throughout the command on development of specialized strategies, communication campaigns and associated communication products.
- Develop communication support requirements, and maintains a communication calendar nested with DoD and HQDA communication plans.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee the execution of integrated internal and external communication strategies to support AFC and its subordinate organizations.
- Synchronize public affairs, legislative affairs, marketing and outreach, to include activities at the subordinate organizations and ensures AFC Communication efforts are aligned with DoD and HQDA.
- Research, write, coordinate and implement comprehensive communication plans in support of AFC in concert with Army policies, programs and initiatives.
- Advises AFC leadership on the most effective methods to educate, inform, and promote awareness of communication initiatives within their organizations.
- Serve as an advisor to the AFC Commanding General on all facets of AFC internal and external communication efforts, to include public affairs, marketing, outreach and Congressional activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with HQDA Office of the Chief of Public Affairs (OCPA), Army Marketing and Research Group (AMRG) and Office of the Chief of Legislative Liaison (OCLL).
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523358700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.