About the Position: This position serves as an Operations Research Analyst GS-1515-13 in Army Futures Command (AFC), Resource Management Directorate located in Austin Texas. AFC exists to modernize the way the Army does business by creating a space of endless possibilities to explore, develop, and test new methods, organizations, and technologies. Visit us on www.armyfuturescommand.com and join the team leading the Army into the future!Learn more about this agency
- Research to determine effective approach or methodology by identifying, developing, and integrating pertinent information through various operational research methodologies/analysis procedures and technologies.
- Develop mathematical or statistical relationships that are new or significant departures from the relationships established in previous problems, studies, or investigations.
- Apply analytical, mathematical, or statistical techniques of related disciplines such as program development, finance, or economics to resolve problems; generate ideas for new programs or approaches and impact of alternative strategies and methods.
- Develops, modifies, and applies Operations Research, Planning, Programming, Budgeting Execution Process (PPBE) techniques to accomplish studies that support cost effective decision making.
- Perform as the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution Process PPBE Advisor on matters relating to Operational Research Analysis, resolving analysis problems and advise on state of the art analysis techniques.
- Attend meetings and conferences, prepares and presents internal program and scientific reports and contributes as sole or co-author of government publications on investigative findings.
- Utilizes research experience and contacts to organize, define, guide and perform major studies or to develop and improve methodology for implementing analysis and evaluations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 15% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523350300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.