The Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Services (DCPAS) mission is to be the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. DCPAS Is responsible for developing and delivering civilian personnel policies and human resources solutions to strengthen the Department of Defense (DoD) civilian workforce's mission readiness and enhance all aspects of the total civilian lifecycle.Learn more about this agency
As a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT) at the GS-0201-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as technical authority on difficult and complex issues advising other experts on how best to resolve issues and interpret guidance.
- Reviews and evaluates new or modified legislation and regulations for their impact on existing programs. Recommends the need for legislation in assigned program areas.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning overall plans and proposals for complex civilian HR projects impacting the accomplishment of agency/sub-agency strategic directives, which could include new recommendations for additional policies and interpretive guidance.
- Studies agency/sub-agency operations, appellate and other third party decisions to determine how best to apply them to current civilian HR operations.
- Assists in the preparation of special projects and studies related to civilian HR or participates in similar efforts that are hosted by external agencies.
- May prepare and deliver training on assigned programs addressing complex or emerging laws, regulations or issues.
- Develops and delivers oral and written presentations to senior officials and various audiences.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523341700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.