The Acquisition and Utilization Specialist serves as the Medical Center liaison and advisor on contract related services focusing on critical clinical and healthcare services, product acquisition and support services required by project managers, program managers, upper management and stakeholders on all aspects of procurement for a wide variety of items to include specialized services.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: 7:00am to 3:30pm
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Acquisition and Utilization Specialist/ 09161
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The Acquisition and Utilization Specialist renders expert contract pre-award and post award expertise to all Administrative and Clinical Service lines within the VA Healthcare System (HCS) and supported catchment area. These duties include work associated with contract planning, implementation, oversight and close outs and may include Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) responsibilities. They use their comprehensive detailed knowledge and understanding of acquisition statutes, regulation, directives and procedures as well as business practices associated with supporting VA services to effectively analyze, advise, and serve as the liaison with a VA HCS and their supported catchment area.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops procedures, policies, and supporting artifacts to ensure procurement activities are consistent with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), VA Acquisitions Regulations (VAAR) and other federal procurement laws and regulations.
- Conducts analyses and recommends courses of actions to ensure that various clinical and administrative service requirements have addressed considerations such as construction, budgeting, supporting manpower and other factors.
- Reviews procurement documents for accuracy, adequacy, and completeness, and assists service line managers as needed to ensure the final documents are acceptable.
- Monitors the procurement process from pre-award to final delivery of requirements.
- Recommends contract termination and need to exercise option years of the contract based on contract performance monitors, funds availability, and the need for the continuation of the services being rendered.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523329000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.