You could be part of an important initiative to provide health care for our nations Veterans! The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. America's Veterans need you!Learn more about this agency
The non-invasive cardiologist performs a wide range of duties (commensurate with experience and qualifications) for patients in an outpatient and inpatient setting at the EOVAHCS in Muskogee, OK, including:Performing general cardiology clinical care in an outpatient clinic.
- Performing echocardiography, exercise and pharmacologic stress testing, Holter monitor and electrocardiogram interpretation, diagnosis and management of arrhythmias and Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Taking an active role in the evaluation of the patient, deciding treatment/care options, and documenting in the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
- Serving on service level and/or facility committees as needed and participating in the facility peer review program.
- Maintaining professional competency, courtesy and flexibility to provide the necessary services of this specialty to our Veteran population.
- Participating in quality improvement projects.
- This role may also participate in the expanded use of clinical video telehealth (CVT)/electronic consultation (e-Consult) to improve access to cardiology care.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Salary: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Recruitment or relocation incentive may be negotiable for highly qualified candidates.
You may be eligible for E.D.R.P. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the E.D.R.P. Coordinator for additional information
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523317700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.