The Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System (PVAHCS) is currently recruiting a Primary Care Physician to support our veterans at our Thunderbird Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) based Phoenix, AZ.Learn more about this agency
The Primary Care Provider will serve as a practicing physician at the Thunderbird Out-based Clinic (CBOC) in support of the Phoenix VA Health Care System (PVAHCS). The physician will work in a team setting with other physicians, mid-levels, RN's, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients. The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate care for a panel of outpatients.
- Evaluate and treat acute and chronic health problems for scheduled and unscheduled patients in the clinic setting.
- Perform histories and physical examinations.
- Provide appropriate documentation to minimally include history, physical exam findings, diagnosis, definitive care plan and disposition of the patient.
- Prescribe medications as appropriate.
- Order routine laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests and provide initial interpretation of results.
- Communication test results to patients.
- Initiate and expedite requests for consultations and special tests.
- Provide education to the patient and family as necessary.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Location is: 9424 N. 25th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, Thunderbird Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523242000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.