Learn more about this agency
The Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System (PVAHCS) is currently recruiting for a Physician Assistant to support our veterans at the Thunderbird Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), Phoenix, Arizona
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) funding may be available. Please contact Ms. Juanita Landry for information regarding how to apply for this program. Ms. Landry can be reached at 602-277-5551 ext 3026
The Physician Assistant will provide general care in accordance with their approved scope of practice and all applicable state and/or Federal guidelines in support of Primary Care. Incumbent will assess, plan, implement, collaborate and evaluate the health care needs of patients with acute and/or chronic diseases. Will provide patient and family teaching, consult and collaborate with other heath care providers, prescribe medications and refer patients to other services as needed. The Physician Assistant will work in a team setting with other Physician Assistants, physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
(1) Utilizes clinical practice and telephone triage to assess urgency of patient care needs.
(2) Assumes accountability for coordination of patient care in Primary Care as well as telephone care needs during clinic administrative hours.
(3) Provides patient support and education during outpatient procedures treatments.
(4) Obtains a relevant health and medical history. Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
(5) Demonstrates expertise in documenting effectiveness of pain interventions, including the patient's perception and formulates the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
(6) Identifies appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacological agents, and prescribes non-pharmacological agents.
(7) Makes appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies as appropriate.
(8) Plans, implements, collaborates and evaluates the needs and care of patients with acute and/or chronic disease in the ambulatory care setting.
(9) In addition to providing direct patient care, provides patient and family teaching, staff education, and consults and collaborates with other health care providers; prescribes medications and adjunctive modalities; and refers patients.
(10) Orders diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays and other procedures.
(11) Prescribes over the counter drugs without countersignature by a physician.
(12) Performs consultations on applicants for substance abuse care and patients needing mental health evaluation.
Location: Thunderbird Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), Phoenix, AZ
Work Schedule: Varied work schedules based on the need of the clinic.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523241500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.