Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): CAYN-10403161-19-CC.Learn more about this agency
The Charles George VA Medical Center is recruiting for One (1) Full-Time, Staff Physician (PACT) in Primary Care Services.
1st Consideration will be given to current, "Permanent employees of Charles George VA Medical Center employees".
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Current, Permanent Federal Civilian Employee Definitions document.
The Charles George VA Medical Center is seeking an outstanding Physicians to join our Primary Care team in Asheville, North Carolina. He/she will provide comprehensive primary care and preventative care to primary care patients, under the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. The type of care is served to the Veteran population with diseases consistent to those seen in the general population. A major focus is in preventative medicine.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a full range of clinical services including assessment and using the most appropriate techniques in providing quality care in their specialty.
- Performs appropriate evaluation and management of patients.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions to units/programs in the Medical Center to which they are assigned and has clinical privileges to practice including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation, and management.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Order diagnostic tests and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- Ensures that the practice of medicine is consistent with Joint Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and HIPAA policies.
- Specific tasks are itemized in each physician's Credentialing and Privileging.
- and other duties assigned
Function Statement/#: STAFF PHYSICIAN (PRIMARY CARE) VM-0602-15 / 0000
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Maybe authorized for qualified Applicants.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523214600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.