A transportation subsidy will be provided to help defray travel costs to and from the agency. Students will participate in field trips to the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Capitol and have an opportunity to attend a social event with other interns throughout the agency.Learn more about this agency
OPPORTUNITY: The AO is seeking applicants for the Volunteer Student Internship Program. The opportunity is intended to provide valuable work experience and better prepare students interested in a public service career. The AO is presently looking for students with backgrounds and/or demonstrated interest in the following areas: human resources, public affairs, law, business administration (marketing, budget, accounting, etc.), and information technology. The student will have an opportunity to improve his or her writing, research, analytical, logical, multi-tasking, and customer-service skills. Additionally, student volunteers are provided with several networking opportunities with fellow interns, agency employees, and other government employers.
This position is for students accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled in a Human Resources (HR) degree program in an accredited 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school, on a full- or half-time basis (as defined by the academic institution in which the student is enrolled).
This type of appointment is an unpaid position intended to develop students and provide on the job training in various HR program areas that include: recruitment, placement, employee benefits, payroll, and staffing.
Additionally, this opportunity does not confer eligibility to a permanent or temporary position.
Duties of this opportunity are:
- To staff front desk.
- To work as a team with other HR professional to provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources office.
- Perform assigned tasks such as scanning, filing confidential employee documents.
- Providing support in all areas of personnel management.
- Manipulating and retrieving personnel data from various personnel databases for reports or other uses by HR Specialists.
- Transmitting and receiving documents and messages electronically that are networked or linked to other computers.
- Uses basic functions of office automation word processing software and electronic mail to create, copy, edit, and print a variety of standardized documents.
- Refers telephone callers and visitors to appropriate staff or office.
- Prepares and maintains office records of various types.
Student Interns must:
Be a rising senior or graduate student
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523194100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.