** Current, permanent employees of NF/SG VA Medical Centers/Clinics and all other Department of Veterans Affairs; as well as VA Interchange and CTAP please apply to Announcement number CBDG-10414109-19-AEM **Learn more about this agency
The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) provides and coordinates case management services to veterans with disabilities and other eligible individuals within the NF/SG Veterans Health System.
Principle duties include performing initial evaluations; entitlement determinations; rehabilitation planning; problem-solving, counseling; case management, coordination of all vocational rehabilitation services, job development, case documentation, and other employment services as needed.
- Assist veterans in exploring and identifying vocational rehabilitation needs, goals, and objectives, identification of transferable skills and strengths necessary for rehabilitation planning.
- Determine level of academic and educational functioning, significance of disability, functional limitations, and residual capacities as they relate to client characteristics and engages in vocational rehabilitation planning.
- Solicit and develop employment opportunities in the community on behalf of veterans to include conducting job development, networking with employers, developing partnerships with businesses, etc.
- Provide job coaching, job accommodations, and adaptations of services to both veteran and employers.
- Possess required knowledge of psychological, rehabilitation, and counseling theories and principles.
- Make recommendations and referrals to other sources to assist the veteran.
- Function as an autonomous member of the Vocational Rehabilitation/CWT program.
- Maintain flexibility to meet change and effective and innovative use of assigned resources.
- Use modalities within VR/CWT such as the Transitional Work program for veterans who may or may not be quite ready to engage in competitive employment.
- Comply with professional ethics as published by appropriate professional organizations such as the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) and other professional counselor licensing boards.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor/573-05831-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - The work requires the ability to safely operate a GSA vehicle for community work and the transportation of Veterans as part of their VR treatment. You will be expected to travel for this position within the surrounding community to collaborate with local employment agencies and familiarization of employment resources. Occasional travel out of state for the purposes of attending training conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523175600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.