Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Mechanical Engineer (ME) in the PALACE Acquire (PAQ) program in a developmental capacity. You will attend training, complete rotations and perform work assignments designed to advance the intern's application of ME principles and further develop the intern's evaluative skills and techniques.
Duties are to include but not limited to:
- Performs developmental assignments of moderate difficulty where work procedures are established and guidelines exist.
- Independently performs recurring assignments of limited but gradually increasing difficulty and complexity.
- Works with others in planning and conducting special initiatives, studies and projects.
- Prepares a variety of documents to include but not limited to responses to routine inquiries, briefings slides, graphs and reports or other records.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts, principles and standard practices in order to independently perform moderately difficult assignments.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering codes and standards sufficient to protect health and safety of employees, identify non-compliance and address issues.
- Skill in applying computer software and programs to perform design and drafting assignments.
- Skill in clearly communicating factual and pertinent information both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify pertinent factors or resources, gather and interpret data and recognize solutions.
- Ability to plan and organize work individually or in a group and work cooperatively with others.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523158300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.