The incumbent serves as a General Engineer assigned to the Projects section of Engineering Service to support a fully accredited healthcare facility campus. The incumbent is a professional engineer who supports the operation, maintenance, renovation, and construction of multiple sites such as outpatient clinics as well as leased facilities operated by the assigned health care facility.Learn more about this agency
- Accountable for integrating complex medical facility designs for architectural, civil, structural, medical gas, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, communications, fire safety, security, and specialized systems.
- Participates in resolving complex technical issues which integrate multi-discipline activities throughout the facility as well as with outside organizations such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Labor (DoL), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), State Departments of Environmental Quality, and the State Historical Preservation Office (SHPO).
- Provides professional advice to peers, subordinates, and non-professional administrators or managers to direct major engineering and architecture projects.
- Reviews or directs the review of plans, specifications, and analysis of design as submitted by subordinate architects and engineers.
- Employee provides professional oversight and/or project management for construction or maintenance efforts.
- Completes hazard and job safety analysis to ensure proper procedures and, performs safety audits, surveys, and inspections.
- Conducts engineering surveys and evaluations; determining engineering and construction requirements; developing preliminary plans, cost estimates, project proposals and justifications; design and preparation of architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
- Performs audits and inspections of work sites to assure compliance, prepares reports and findings, devises solutions, and implements corrective actions.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates for use in obtaining project funding and bid evaluation.
- Employee prepares sketches or drawings and specifications changes to solve the problem and incorporates these change documents in to the contract performance documents.
- Prepares correspondence, technical reports, estimates, fact sheets, status reports, and schedules as required to complete project assignments.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 55092-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523120200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.