The incumbent will apply a series of different and unrelated processes and methods, and decide on appropriate actions based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to an assignment, and select the appropriate course of action from many acceptable alternatives. Identifies and analyzes important factors and conditions to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships among different IT functions and activities.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining software libraries to ensure proper disk space utilization.
- Providing day-to-day user support and systems maintenance by upgrading system software, maintaining computer hardware, and inserting LAN interface cards.
- Provide both formal and informal end-user training on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, data communication, standard agency software tools, and usage of the web.
- Actively participating in the discussion of the disposition of equipment and maintenance and reconciliation of hardware and software inventories.
- Integrating micro-computers (both Microsoft and Apple) with other components of LAN and wide area networks (WAN).
- Participating in the evaluation of software applicable to the operations improvement efforts.
- Managing access to host computer systems including issuing user access codes and establishing user profiles. Reviewing multiple audit logs (e.g. firewall, Web server).
- Working closely with end users to identify and resolve problems as they relate to the functioning and integrating of hardware (laptop PC's, desktops, printers, etc.) or with the use of software, both commercial off-the-shelf and agency developed software.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- May be required to complete a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Per Public Law 104-134, all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- This position is covered by the Hatch Act Reform Amendments of 1993 which prohibits requesting, transmitting, accepting, or considering political recommendations for employment or other personnel actions for nonpolitical position.
- Selective Service Registration is required, if applicable www.sss.gov.
- Must provide resume and supporting documents (See required documents).
- Time-in-Grade: Current or former Federal employees applying under merit promotion considerations must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements for consideration.
- All qualifications requirements for this position must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
QualificationsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the grade level in which you are applying:
Applicants must have Information Technology related experience demonstrating each of the four required competencies: 1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3) Oral Communication - Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; AND 4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. (This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.)
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Service that included: 1) collaborating with network specialists, application developers, system administrators, security specialists, and vendors to prevent recurring problems; 2) diagnosing complex problems in response to customer reported incidents via trouble tickets; 3) performing program testing and debugging to meet customers' needs; and 4) applying physical security protocol for IT controlled spaces. (Must be reflected in resume.)
Have completed 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a related field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. (Must submit transcripts.)
Have a combination of the graduate education described in A and specialized experience described in B, such that they total 100% of the stated minimum qualifications for the GS-09 level. (Must submit transcripts and be reflected in resume.)
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
For more information on the qualifications for this position, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
In addition, when reviewing applicant's transcripts, assumptions will not be made. Applicants MUST state which coursework is relevant.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about eligibility can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ictap
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about eligibility can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ctap
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/reasonable-accommodation/
Selective Service: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling and working at a keyboard and monitor.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-9 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the skills necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed, and no promise of promotion is implied.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using OSHRC's policy category rating. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories:Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
Well Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job;
Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Note: Failure to submit a resume or supporting documentation may result in elimination for further consideration.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume
2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other supporting documents:
-Most recent Performance Appraisal
-SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal service
- Veterans Preference Documentation, if applicable
- College transcript(s), if qualifying based on education
- Any other supporting documentation required for verification as described in the announcement.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the 02/19/2019.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
You must submit a complete application package by 11:59 PM (EST) on the 02/19/2019.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire, which can be previewed here:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10373703.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- * To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- If you are a veteran and you are claiming veteran's preference, you must submit a DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions. For competitive service positions, active duty service members expecting to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days: you may be granted tentative preference by submitting a "certification" document in lieu of a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214. This "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of the submission of the certification. Veteran's preference must be verified prior to appointment. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference and your application will be evaluated based on the material(s) submitted.
- If you are claiming 10-point veteran's preference based on service-connected disability, in addition to the DD214 or certification requirements (see above bullet), you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, plus the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. For more information on veterans' preference see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/.
Agency contact information
AddressOccupational Safety and Health Review Commission
1120 20th Street, NW, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20036-3457
We will notify you of the outcome after each step of the recruitment process has been completed. We expect to make a final job offer within 80 days after the closing date of the announcement.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523101000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.