The CDC Public Health Associates Program (PHAP) for Recent Graduates is a CDC workforce development program that provides opportunities for promising, future public health professionals to gain broad experience in day-to-day operation of public health programs. The goal of PHAP is to attract exceptional candidates, with a minimum of bachelor's degree into careers in public health.Learn more about this agency
The exact location of each position will be determined by PHAP upon selection, locations are non-negotiable.
Upon completion of a two-year training program, Associates are eligible for conversion to an entry-level career as CDC Public Health Advisors. Associates may also be eligible to apply for positions in public health operations at the local and state levels.These positions are located with the Center of State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support, Office of the Director, Public Health Associate Program Office (PHAP). The exact location of each position will be determined by PHAP upon selection. PHAP will request your geographical preferences however matches are based on program needs and applicants must be willing to relocate to anywhere within the USA and its Territories and location is non-negotiable. Applicants will be made only one offer for host site location. Multiple candidates may be selected within the same geographic location.
As a Public Health Advisor you will:
- Serve as a trainee receiving formal and on the job training designed to familiarize you with the functions and operations of basic public health concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Work with selected public health projects or portions of a larger public health project that is typically of limited complexity.
- Perform duties related to the development, extension, and improvement of health care systems.
- Interview individuals to obtain information.
- Disseminate materials and information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523094000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.