Learn more about this agency
"Profound changes are underway at Manchester VA in how we deliver care to our Granite State Veterans. Our dedicated employees provide innovative and compassionate care. We aspire to create a vibrant community where we are the destination of choice for our patients and employees."
-Join us in writing our story.
If you have any questions about the application process please feel free to contact Gilbert Fernands, HR Specialist, at 603-624-4366 at extension 1105 or email@example.com.
NOTE: This vacancy announcement has been extended.
NOTE: Preferred Experience: Research background, active studies or published peer-reviewed research is highly desired.
The Manchester VA Medical Center Associate Chief of Staff for Research (ACOS/R) is responsible for management and oversight of the human subject, animal, health services, and laboratory research programs and for all other functions under research service. The ACOS/R develops and coordinates translational and clinical research that supports the VA core missions. The ACOS/R reports directly to the Chief of Staff. The responsibilities for the Associate Chief of Staff for Research includes; but not limited to:
- Foster research programs throughout the institution that are consistent with the core missions of the VA.
- Participate with the Director and Chief of Staff in the management of the hospital's health care programs, particularly in the areas where integration of research programs can have a beneficial effect either directly or indirectly on patient care.
- Ensure all required research accreditations are maintained.
- Serves as the primary official to advise the Director, VISN Director, and Chief Research Officer on all matters of compliance and assurance regarding Manchester VAMC Research Program human subjects' protections, animal welfare, research safety, and research misconduct.
- Develops and implements both long and short-range policies and plans. The policies and procedures dealt with are for all aspects of Research Service including various accreditation requirements; budget and fiscal management; supply, service and equipment procurement; personnel and workforce utilization; contract negotiation; construction and renovation; and space utilization.
- Develops the need for and maintains an awareness of available resources, and makes recommendations to Medical Center management regarding needs, distribution or redistribution of these resources to include equipment, staffing, and space.
- Responsible for formulation and execution of annual service budget including salaries, supplies, equipment and all other general operating expenses as applicable to the service.
- Manages payroll for assigned time and leave accounts including, evaluation of overtime and compensated time; and
- Collaborates with Contracting to develop, implement, and monitor contracts for services.
Telework: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - Conferences, Meetings, and Trainings
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523083900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.