This is a bargaining position.Learn more about this agency
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, GCBD-Area 2-Philadelphia with a post of duty in Aberdeen, MD or Washington, D.C. Serves as Procurement Center Representative (PCR) reviewing and coordinating procurement operations and actions of the federal procurement centers/installations to which assigned in an effort to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interest of small business.
- Serves as the SBA resident or liaison procurement center representative (PCR) for one or more major Federal and/or military procurement installations that have acquisition responsibility for major end items and assemblies, spare or replacement parts, systems, services, or end products procured for both military and civilian federal agencies.
- Participates in high level conferences with commanding officers/senior executives/heads of contracting activities to advocate for increased opportunity for small business and to provide a strong acquisition climate for eligible small businesses.
- Reviews all procurements over the simplified acquisition threshold not set-aside by the agency, including bundled requirements, for the potential of initiating a small business set-aside.
- Counsels small business concerns and advises them on how to market and sell their products and/or services to federal procurement agencies.
- Reviews subcontracting plans from assigned activities to ensure plans contain aggressive subcontracting goals for small business, small disadvantaged business, woman-owned small business, veteran owned small business and HUBZone firms.
- Works closely and cooperatively with the SBA District Office(s) in the area of geographical coverage to promote SBA's programs and SBA resource partners and stakeholders.
- Conducts periodic training seminars for procuring activity personnel to keep them abreast of changes in the procurement process that impact small business, including small disadvantaged business, 8(a), woman-owned small business, veteran owned small business and HUBZone firms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523079000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.