OPPORTUNITY: The AO is seeking applicants for the Volunteer Student Internship Program. The opportunity is intended to provide valuable work experience and better prepare students interested in a public service career. The AO is presently looking for students with backgrounds and/or demonstrated interest in the following areas: human resources, public affairs, law, business administration (marketing, budget, accounting, etc.), and information technology.Learn more about this agency
The AO is committed to attracting the best and brightest applicants in our support of the third branch of government. We take pride in serving the Judicial Branch and supporting its mission to provide equal justice under law.The student will have an opportunity to improve his or her writing, research, analytical, logical, multi-tasking, and customer-service skills. Additionally, student volunteers are provided with several networking opportunities with fellow interns, agency employees, and other government employers.
Past intern events have included:
1. A U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Capitol tour and luncheon will be part of the AO Student Intern Program
2. A roundtable discussion with a senior attorney to explore future government employment opportunities.
3. Exposure to training opportunities designed to assist interns in skill development.
1. Assisting with preparing division staff and judges for international briefings and coordinating meetings of judges and chambers staff;
2. Researching issues related to judicial administrative matters, and cite-check published materials;
3. Assisting with division attorneys on current projects such as Bankruptcy Clerks' manual revisions;
4. Managing various administrative and logistical details of training programs and conferences;
5. Assisting with the updating of the civil cause code and criminal citation tables;
6. Reviewing case law and writing practices and procedures guidance for judicial managers;
7. Conducting legal and legislative research;8. Attending congressional hearings and briefings;
9. Performing general office tasks, such as answering telephones, copying, and filing; and
10. Assisting in special projects.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523072800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.