About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is with the Headquarters, Department of the Army, G2, Foreign Liaison Directorate, located at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as an Army Foreign Liaison Protocol Officer responsible for all Foreign Liaison functions related to foreign protocol for the Headquarters, Department of the Army, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-2.
- Serve as the Headquarters, Department of the Army authority on foreign protocol matters.
- Provide expert advice to Army leadership and principal officials on all matters pertaining to ceremonial forms, honors, courtesies, etiquette, and protocol issues pertaining to the Foreign Military Attach? Community and visiting foreign dignitaries.
- Plan and provide specialized protocol advice and information on etiquette, customs of the military services, and foreign customs to the National Capital Region and CONUS MACOMs.
- Coordinate social functions hosted by senior Department of Defense officials in honor of diplomats, foreign military representatives accredited to the Department of the Army, and distinguished foreign visitors.
- Plan and execute a variety of high-level official protocol functions.
- Arrange for commercial and government transportation, meals and hotel accommodations, and official and semi-official social activities.
Occasional travel - Travel will be required 10% or less of the time for the performance of duty and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523063300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.