Work Schedule:Learn more about this agency
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- The Geriatrics/Long Term Care (G/LTC) Service, Community Living Center (CLC) Physician provides inpatient care to CLC residents. This includes off tour coverage for Veterans admitted to the CLC Houses.
- Provides clinical input and oversight for all residents treatment plans in collaboration with a case manager or interdisciplinary treatment team.
- participates as part of the interdisciplinary team to plan the care for the Resident, including resident specific goals and outcomes for discharge
- provides education to the G/LTC team and VAMC staff on current geriatric information and clinical practices
- completes appropriate documentation as administratively required such as minimum data set (MDS), referrals and encounters
- completes routine rounds and evaluations as needed
- mentors rotating medical students, residents and other trainees during G/LTC rotations
- works directly with staff to identify needs, system issues, and communicate goals for the CLC
- will be a leader in performance improvement and participate in quantitative and qualitative data review to support performance improvement/quality assurance efforts of the CLC
- serves on local and VISN committees to represent CLC concerns and initiatives
- CLC rounding on weekends/holidays on infrequent occasions when dedicated coverage by on-call LTC provider not available
- other duties as assigned
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523036800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.