This position is located in the United States Mint, Protection Department, Security Division. The incumbent serves as a supervisory senior security specialist with Mint-wide responsibilities. The position Serves as team leader for members of the physical security staff assigned responsibility for facilities in the designated locations. This position is HQ based with oversight at HQ and Mint-wide.Learn more about this agency
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-mint-143-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a Supervisory Physical Security Specialist, you will:
- Design, develop, evaluate, and install protection systems and devices to ensure that sensitive information, equipment, and other material is not compromised, sabotaged, stolen, misused, or subjected to malicious mischief or other acts of willful interference.
- Conduct surveys and analyses to identify how critical and vulnerable facilities or sites are and to assess threats against them.
- Provide program direction and guidance to physical security specialists in assigned areas facilities.
- Monitor and evaluate physical security related program performance and project accomplishments.
- Develop plans, identify procedures for accomplishment, and communicate the Division’s goals and objectives to the staff, the Division Director, Deputy Chief, and Chief, , United States Mint Police.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per quarter
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522987400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.