OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The incumbent is accountable to the Chief, Cardiology Service assuring quality care standards and the most effective delivery of care. The incumbent physician is expected to provide comprehensive patient care in the form of invasive, non-invasive, consultative, and inpatient/outpatient cardiology care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Incumbent must be an expert in cardiovascular diseases and have significant experience in all aspects of interventional cardiology and related devices. Incumbent should provide support to the function of the outpatient Cardiology clinics, the inpatient consultation service and the on-call requirement.
- Incumbent will be responsible for the design and achievement of quality of care standards, efficiency, process improvement, and patient satisfaction surrounding Interventional Cardiology.
- Incumbent will be expected to practice in accordance with professional standards, core values, and with a commitment to service excellence.
- Incumbent physician is expected to provide comprehensive patient care in the form of invasive, non-invasive, consultative, and inpatient/outpatient cardiology care.
- Current BLS/ACLS required
- Moderate Sedation Privileges and certification required
- Fluoroscopy privileges and certification
- Central venous line insertion and management
- Intra-arterial lines insertion and management
- Interpret EKGs
- Interpret holter monitors
- Use of thrombolytic agents
- Arterial puncture
- Temporary trans venous pacemaker placement
- Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and management
- Percutaneous coronary intervention, cardiac catheterization and angiography
- Peripheral arterial interventions
- Stress test interpretation
- Debulking devices including CSI atherectomy, rotablator, laser Angiojet for intervention for cardiovascular diseases
Relocation/ Recruitment Incentive: Recruitment Incentive may be authorized to highly qualified candidates.
EDRP: May be Eligible
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): The applicant selected for this position may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award up to the maximum limitation under the provision of the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Approval for EDRP awards are subject to the availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522959400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.