The VA Maryland Health Care System (VAMHCS) is recruiting for 1 Lead Medical Support Assistant within the Mental Health Clinical Center (MHCC) at the Baltimore Facility.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated care environment, having primary responsibility and accountability for the performance of administrative duties associated with patient enrollment, registration, admissions, outpatient scheduling, capture of insurance information, and administrative duties as assigned. Complex position that requires LMSA have a comprehensive and working knowledge of VA regulations, policies, and procedures of varied administrative functions.
- The Lead MSA is able to independently manage position responsibilities with minimal supervision, as well as set priorities and deadlines, adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs.
- The Lead MSA functions as an expert authority for all tasks associated with patient enrollment and registration, admissions, outpatient scheduling, beneficiary travel, and identification and capture of insurance information.
- As an expert, the Lead MSA provides technical support to professional staff and other medical center employees, advising staff on appropriate administrative procedures to follow. The incumbent will act as an assistant to the Administrative Officer and the Coordinator of the Mental Health Clinic at the Baltimore VAMC.
- Consistent with VHA, VAMHCS, and MHCC guidelines, the MSA establishes internal procedures, files, reports, tracking mechanism, computers report, etc. for existing and new programmatic needs.
- The MSA will also prepare a wide variety of material such as forms for clinic cancellations, clinic setup, change forms, faxes, memorandums, and reports.
- The incumbent will also work with the Clinic Coordinator and Administrative Officer to complete small project associated with the efficiencies of the Mental Health Clinic and MHARC.
- The incumbent is responsible for administrative data capture by using the most efficient method of checking in/out all patient encounters.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522933300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.