Education and length of practice will be considered by a Compensation Panel in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).Learn more about this agency
RELOCATION INCENTIVE - Authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
(Relocation incentives are payable only to individuals who are employees of the Federal Government immediately before the relocation.)
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Paid Time Off: 26 days annual leave, 13 days' sick leave, 10 federal holidays
The physician will report to the ACOS (Associate Chief of Staff) Geriatrics, Extended Care and Rehabilitative Service. The incumbent is responsible for the overall medical care delivered by the Hospice and Palliative Care team.
- Flexibility and a compassionate bedside manner are essential.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, and willing to take the initiative to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team.
- This position is located at the main facility in GEC&R Service. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily operations, and provide clinical, programmatic and administrative leadership to the Hospice and Palliative Care service.
- Provide physician services, clinical input and oversight for all patient treatment plans consistent with hospice and palliative care philosophy.
- Be an active participant and facilitate clarification and the development of patient and family goals of care. Home visits will be made as indicated.
- Improve access to Hospice and Palliative care as experienced by patients, their families and providers. Amplify the awareness of the concepts, role and availability of Hospice and Palliative Care services among ambulatory, home-based, specialty and acute care clinicians.
- Consult with attending staff as requested so that symptom management for patients is effectively and expeditiously accomplished.
- Supervise residents, and fellows.
- Process improvement, program development, and policy decisions related to Hospice and Palliative Care service.
- Full and appropriate documentation of patients care services to support professional billing for these services.
- Work closely with the HPC Program Coordinator
- Participation in on-call coverage for the Hospice & Palliative Care Service.
- Develop responsive and productive training partnership with the local academic affiliates (including enhancing Hospice and Palliative Care service partnership with the Hospice and Palliative Care fellowship training program at the University of Louisville Hospital).
- Pursue opportunities for partnering with other specialties, including Primary Care, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Surgery and Oncology within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522933200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.