*EXTENDED TO GAIN BROADER APPLICANT POOL*Learn more about this agency
This position is located with Indian Affairs, Ofc. of Justice Services (OJS) in Washington, D.C.
BIA is searching for an individual to serve as Supv. Crim. Investigator (Asst. Dep. Director) in the management of OJS. Do you have experience developing work plans and managing programs to include uniformed law enf., internal affairs, detention, support services, drug enf., tribal courts, and a Training Academy? If so this could be the job for you!
- Directly supervises subordinates, project team leaders and contractors. Conducts official performance reviews. Makes or approves selections. Hears and resolves group grievance. Reviews and approves serious disciplinary actions.
- Participates in planning sessions at top management levels of the Bureau and Department developing goals and objectives in budge, organization and human resources development.
- Assists in conducting and coordinating with law enforcement agencies, extremely sensitive inquires and investigations.
- Provide counsel, advice and recommendations to the OJS Director on various matters regarding operations and management.
- Assists in development and implementation policy for Indian Country law enforcement programs within the Districts.
- Develops, negotiates and executes formal written agreements for each division between multiple Federal agencies that will enhance Indian country law enforcement operations.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with law enforcement and intelligence agencies, serving as the liaison and coordinator to external contacts on issues related to Indian country law enforcement.
75% or less - Travel may be required up to 11 or more nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522906900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.