About the Position: This position is located in Planning Division, Project Development Branch, Special Studies Section, in Philadelphia, PA. Moving expenses are not authorized. This position is Interdisciplinary in nature and may be filled with any one of the following series:Learn more about this agency
Water Resource Planner (0101)
General Engineer (0801)
Civil Engineer (0810)
Physical Scientist (1301)
- In a developmental capacity, you will serve as an Interdisciplinary Project Planner who supports planning, scheduling, analysis and coordination of water resource development studies.
- Develops plans and work schedules for planning portion of projects. Meets with interdisciplinary study team and prepares planning task matrixes detailing the scope and duration of the tasks to be undertaken.
- Determines and explains interrelationships that exist between various alternative plans and evaluates them to determine their ability to meet the employing agencies programs, policies, and goals.
- Compiles and evaluates available background information, including maps, charts, project documents, and data from previous studies, and determines what new and additional data are required.
- Makes site visits, public contacts, and literature searches to coordinate and inventory data, such as geographic, engineering, economic, socioeconomic, and environmental data.
- Participates in workshops and informal meetings with representatives of Federal, State, and local agencies, residents of the area, special interest groups and interested public for the purpose of disseminating or soliciting information.
- Writes information brochures, public notices, and portions of reports. Assembles reconnaissance, feasibility, and/or detailed project reports. Supports preparation of correspondence concerning assigned work.
- Supports preparation of drafts of justification sheets and briefing material for consideration by supervisor.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522892300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.