The incumbent is responsible for the oversight of Primary Care services, Women's Health, Deployment Health, Care Coordination Home Telehealth, Urgent Care Clinic, Primary Care Center of Excellence and all Community Based Outreach Clinics both VA Staffed and Contract Staffed.Learn more about this agency
Many of these services are provided at multiple locations. These responsibilities include participation in strategic and operational planning, establishing workload targets, reviewing staffing and resource utilization, and the development of overall policies governing the provision of patient care within the General Medicine Service Line.
The incumbent is engaged in direct patient contact including maintenance of a panel of patients for which he/she provides direct patient care, participating in inpatient attending responsibilities, and performing attending responsibilities in the Primary Care clinics.
- Include evaluation diagnosis, admission, and provision of treatment or consultative services to patients presenting with primary care or general medical needs within the definitions of the American Internal Board of Medicine.
- Specific duties in addition to the above: The incumbent, by virtue of holding this position, is a member
of the Clinical Executive Board, Chair of the Primary Care Committee for VAPSHCS as well as being a
member of the VISN Primary Care Committee. The incumbent is also expected to- represent the VA
PSHCS on other local, VISN, and national committees that impact on Primary Care services.
- The incumbent will take part in continuing medical education, at a minimum as defined by the licensure,
and other quality assurance and medical staff activities as assigned.
- Professional Standards: The highest degree of good judgment, ethical behavior and professional
demeanor is required at all times in the incumbent's contact with patients, peers, other employees, and
- The incumbent will take part in continuing medical education, at a minimum as defined by their
licensure, and other quality assurance and medical staff activities as assigned.
The incumbent is under the general supervision of and will work closely with the Chief of Staff to develop
mutually acceptable performance improvement projects and/or strategic plans. This position is responsible for
the operational oversight of the Community Based Outpatient Clinics and directly responsible for the
evaluation of providers' performance at these sites and all site Medical Director's under the General Medicine
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522880300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.