Learn more about this agency
Reemployed annuitant: This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.
- Serves as Field Audit Office (FAO) Assistant for Quality assisting the FAO Manager in handling a variety of audit-related assignments, processes, and/or interim and pre-issuance reviews of FAO audits, work papers and reports.
- Ensures compliance of the above with Generally Accepted Government Accounting Standards (GAGAS) and Agency policy/guidelines/procedures.
- Works with the supervisory auditors and respective audit teams to improve the overall quality and timeliness of office work product (e.g. work papers and audit reports).
- Provides training to audit teams highlighting particular technical areas of special interest to improve audit quality and enhance staff technical proficiencies.
- May perform a variety of special projects to include:
- carry out individual FAO initiatives for improving audit quality; implement/coordinate the Agency's Independent Reference Review program at the FAO;
- serve as the FAO focal point for questions related to audit quality and GAGAS compliance; respond to Regional and DCAA Headquarters requests for audit information;
- provide audit information to various inspection/review groups; coordinate or consolidate FAO program requirements, plans, and special or periodic reports; and performs various other related functions as directed or required by the FAO manager.
- Special projects and/or functions may have DoD policy implications, contractor sensitivity, potential Congressional or media interest, and/or impact Agency/Region mission needs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522860200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.