If you are ready to begin your new career or are looking for a place to make an impact, what better place than a top ranked agency in the federal government? We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals here at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), where we are ranked in the top 5 in the Best Places to Work in the federal government rankings.Learn more about this agency
Our employees gain valuable work experience that provides them with the career boost that they are seeking. We need people like you to help us move the industry forward and continue to shape the future of energy policy. Join us and help make a difference! The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.
Looking to make an impact? Why not join one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government? The Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR) is looking for the right candidates to join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). We want motivated and engaged individuals who want to serve the public interest, working on regulatory and competitive market issues for the natural gas pipeline, oil pipeline, and electric industries. You will gain valuable work experience and the career boost you are looking for, while working in a dynamic and fast changing industry. Join us to help shape the future of energy markets.
FERC's mission is to ensure reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services for consumers. Using regulatory and market approaches, we work to make sure that consumers pay just and reasonable rates for their energy needs and to promote safe, reliable, secure, and efficient energy infrastructure.
This position is located in the Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR)/Division of Electric Power Regulation-East/Central/West or Pipeline Regulation.
FERC is rated by Bestplacestowork.org as one of the top 10 federal agencies to work for. Join the team that will let you make a difference, in the great work environment you are looking for!
The Major Duties for an Energy Industry Analyst are:
- Performs analyses of moderately complex regulatory issues associated with filings for the purpose of identifying trends, problems, or deviations from pertinent regulatory requirements or Commission policies.
- Develops recommendations to resolve issues for use by the team leader or supervisor.
- Analyzes and reviews a variety of conventional regulatory data and documents associated with the regulation of natural gas/oil pipeline companies and/or electric utilities for matters within his/her designated area of responsibility.
- Prepares Commission memoranda, notices, proposed orders, or other documents for cases that require consideration of issues common to the regulated industry or which are traditional or non-controversial.
- Establishes and maintains contact with representatives of electric utilities and natural gas/oil pipeline companies. Participates as a technical staff representative at settlement and technical conferences to discuss moderately complex issues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522836300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.