Performs work of a general office support, which requires a variety of different duties andLearn more about this agency
responsibilities. May at times be called upon to perform the duties of Information
Receptionist. Provides administrative processing in emergency situations and performs
other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent serves as a Health Benefits Assistant located in the Patient Registration
Department of the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System.
The primary function of this position is to make eligibility determinations for VA healthcare
and is responsible for the intake and administrative processes for Veterans and
beneficiaries applying for medical services for both University Drive Division, HJ Heinz
Division, or to any of its Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs). Duties and
responsibilities which may include but, not limited to:
- · Determines eligibility for health care and other VA benefits.
- · Verifies eligibility/enrollment for benefits.
- · Administers income assessment, advises and counsels Veterans and their beneficiaries.
- · Obtains and updates patient insurance information.
- · Accurately gathers, updates personal information.
- · Skillful in customer service and administrative work, ability to explain processes, actions, changes and
- · Interacts with a wide range of individuals with varying degrees of understanding.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD: Health Benefits Assistant / 00046A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is a bargaining unit position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522824600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.